Lunch & Learn Seminars
Are you looking for a wellness program to help encourage your employees? Do your employees stand for prolonged periods of time? Do many of them experience pain throughout the workday? If so, consider our Lunch and Learn Program.
We spend a large amount of our lives working. Because of this, it is important to make sure that we are maintaining our full health-and-wellness potential while we are in the workplace. Let TherapyWorks bring Corporate Wellness Programs to your workplace.
We specialize in providing custom foot orthotics and comfortable footwear, as well as compression socks, to alleviate foot, leg, and knee pain in employees that stand for long periods of time. We also provide portable TENS units (electrotherapy units), as well as proprioceptive knee and back braces, which helps employees manage painful conditions. Contact our Lawrence, KS physical therapy office today and our friendly staff will be happy to speak with you.
What are Lunch and Learn programs?
At TherapyWorks, our Lunch and Learn programs are employed in order to enhance an employee’s happiness, satisfaction, and overall wellness in the workplace. With our services, employers are able to make sure that their employees are as comfortable as possible while they are working. Our programs have also helped in increasing employee awareness and compliance with health and wellness activities throughout the workplace.
Our Lunch and Learn programs promote healthy mental, emotional, and physical well-being through various opportunities offered to employees. Some integral aspects of this program include:
- Baseline Biometric Screening. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), this test measures your baseline of physical attributes, such as height, weight, blood pressure, BMI, cholesterol, and more. It is a basic health assessment to see where your average range falls, and to see if the workplace has an effect on anything.
- Baseline Movement Assessment. Much like the baseline biometric screening, a baseline movement assessment evaluates the movement and function of your body. Everyone moves in different ways, and this type of assessment can help determine if there are any areas at risk of sustaining an injury while you’re on the job.
- Wellness Questionnaire. This type of questionnaire helps in determining one’s overall wellbeing. It may include diet, exercise, underlying conditions, or specific lifestyle choices. It helps to assess your quality of health and how the workplace may be affecting it.
- Job Satisfaction Survey. General happiness and satisfaction with certain aspects of one’s life can have a huge impact on health and wellness. Job satisfaction surveys help an employee voice any concerns they may have with their job, in addition to allowing employers to see issues in the workplace and facilitate solutions for change. When an employee is satisfied with their job, they tend to make healthier lifestyle choices, as well.
- Orthotic Recommendations. If an employee is experiencing pain from standing or from other physical demands of their job, we can recommend orthotics to make their workdays much easier and more comfortable. Orthotics can help ease pain and make work much more manageable.
- On-Site Access to Physical Therapy. Having direct access to physical therapy treatments can be extremely beneficial, especially in cases of work-related pain or injury. On-site access to physical therapy can help in providing safe, convenient, and quick treatment for any pain an employee may develop.
How will Lunch and Learn programs benefit me?
Lunch and Learn programs contain many proven benefits due to the resources they provide. For example, with the help of Lunch and Learn programs, many companies have been able to reduce absenteeism, health care costs, and Workers’ Compensation Claims. When employees are happy and healthy, they are able to come to work without fearing pain, and therefore are able to do a better job.
If you are interested in promoting health and wellness in the workplace, contact TherapyWorks today to speak with one of our Lawrence, KS physical therapists and learn more about our Lunch and Learn programs. We’ll help make work more enjoyable!